Prayer Watch: COVID Will Not Stop Church Owned Bible Translation
I just finished reading through the book of Revelation. So, I’ve been thinking about the return of Jesus and the end of life as we know it. Are you beginning to think like this, too? Maybe, we are a people looking for evidence that the end is near - looking for signs of the times. Scripture says that truly the end is near. Rather than think about it or even talk about it, Peter tells us exactly what we are to do:
The end of all things is near. Therefore, be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others,
as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God.
If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides,
so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.
To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
1 Peter 4:7-11 (NIV)
So, Peter says to be alert and clear-minded. Why? So that we can pray. Number one on the list is to pray!
And Number two—love each other deeply! We do love our brothers and sisters in the Lord—that’s why we serve them with training and by giving them technology so they can get Scripture in their own language.
We even receive a gift that we are to use when we serve others with God’s grace.
That gift helps us love each other, it helps us be kind and gentle as we serve each other, and it helps us speak as one who speaks the very words of God “so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.”
My dear friend, just think how precious these words will be for people who have never read them. What encouragement these words will be in their heart language.
It’s in Scripture—in the heart language—that we learn how much God loves us and how to live as children of the One, the Holy God.
There are so many language groups that live in countries of persecution who are desperate to get God’s Word in their languages. They are pleading for us to help with the training and technology so they can do the work of Bible translation for their own people. Pastors and church leaders are ready to take the lead to get God’s Word to their precious congregations.
Over the next few weeks, you will be receiving letters and emails from our Interim President and CEO, Dr. Tim Neu. Tim is passionate about getting God’s Word into the hands of men and women who are desperate to share the power of Scripture with their communities. Let’s take a few minutes to watch a video recorded while Dr. Tim Neu was in Israel.
While launching Church Owned Bible translation seems overwhelmingly huge, there is one thing that needs to be done—PRAY.
So, let’s do it well. That is our part. Our task is to pray for our brothers and sisters in desperate need of God’s Word.
Let’s pray together now and every time we receive an email or letter about Church Owned Bible Translation.
- First thank the Lord for His Words of love, grace, and salvation that He offers to everyone.
- Let’s thank the Lord for giving us the opportunity to serve Him and His people around the World.
- Ask God to give national Bible translators the strength and stamina as they endure a world of intensified scrutiny and obstacles.
- Pray that these national Bible translators will be equipped spiritually and materially to wage the spiritual battle that’s in their world.
- Pray for Christians in brutal oppression and in fear for their lives. Ask God to give them peace and hope while they must keep their faith secret.
- Ask the Lord to give national Bible translators safety—during their training and during the days, weeks, and months of translating the New Testament and the Old Testament into their languages.
- The believers in the underground church need the entire testimony of God, the Almighty, the Creator of all that is. Pray that the Church will own the work of Bible translation for their people.
- Pray for Wycliffe Associates to be able to minister in the world of Bible translation, ready to keep on serving Church Owned Bible Translation projects around the world until everyone has God’s Word in their own language.
- Pray for Wycliffe Associates during this season of fund-raising for Bible translation around the world.
- Pray for all of the Wycliffe Associates prayer partners, donors, staff, and volunteers during these months of the COVID pandemic to be able to carry out all that needs to be done to keep national translators at their work translating the Bible and to launch new Church Owned Bible Translation projects.
- Praise God for all the He is doing around the world to keep Bible translation moving forward—even during the pandemic.
Thank you, dear prayer partner, for your willingness and time to pray for Wycliffe Associates and Church Owned Bible Translation around the world.
Praying with you,
Also in recent news: