Prayer Watch: Let's Pray for the Persecuted
Prayer Watch Coordinator
Here we are in the month of Thanksgiving. This is a wonderful opportunity to join with you my friend to thank God for all He does for us and for all He is doing for national Bible translators, especially those who are being persecuted.
So, Jesus answered and said, “Have Faith in God”
Mark 11:22 (NIV)
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16 (NIV)
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:9 (NIV)
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms
Ephesians 1:18-20 (NIV)
- Thank you, Lord Jesus, for salvation. Thank you for giving us hope and a promise that one day we will be with You forever.
- Lord Jesus, thank you for the hundreds of national Bible translators working around the world today to give their people Your Holy Word in their heart language.
- Our prayer for the persecuted is that their faith in You, God, is strong. Oh Lord, God, please make your presence known to them and give them physical strength—by Your great strength that raised Jesus Christ from the dead and brought Him to heaven.
- Oh Lord, may the persecuted know Your promise that You, Jesus, will never leave or forsake Your children.
- By Your grace we pray that Your Word will soon be available to everyone.
Unless I[Jesus] go away, the Advocate will not come to you;
but if I go, I will send him to you. John 16:7 (NIV)
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”
John 16:13-15 (NIV)
- Thank you, Jesus for Your gift to us of the Holy Spirit. Thank you that He will guide us and all the Bible translators into truth.
- We pray that the Holy Spirit will bring unity to every Bible translation team that their work will be done accurately.
- Thank you, Lord Jesus for every Wycliffe Associates prayer partner, every donor, volunteer, staff person, and every Bible translator, all working together to bring God’s Holy Word to every “nation, tribe, people, and language”.
Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer,
believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Mark 11:24 (NIV)
After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people, and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb
Revelation 11:9 (NIV)
What a thrilling day that will be. I hope that many will be there that day because we have prayed and given and worked so that they will know Jesus and be saved. Thank you for praying with me.