Internship for a Software Developer
We are equipping national Bible translators around the world with the tools and training they need to bring God’s Word into their own heart language. We’re looking for a computer science senior or recent graduate to join our Fall 2019 Software Developer Internship. If you or someone you know might be interested, please read on and share with your network.
We created our software developer internship program in 2015, and the software created by interns since then is now active in the field and accelerating Bible translation. This internship provides real software development experience in a production environment, and the work has a direct positive impact for God’s people.
Who We’re Looking For
You are an aspiring software developer who likes to learn and desires to work within a team of developers. You appreciate the challenge of integrating what you know with new products and frameworks. You don’t accept “it can’t be done.” You want working software that is elegant, flexible, extensible, and secure. You take ownership of projects and are proud to sign your name at completion.
A group of about a dozen software and infrastructure techs. This team rewards intensity, ambition, drive, and creativity.
As a developer, you’ll support business systems and build software tools for Bible translation. Your work will be used globally. You’ll jump into a fast moving river of existing projects, plus have the space to help create new tools and systems for Bible translators. You’ll be responsible to understand projects at a high-level, then roll up your sleeves and write amazing code. You and your teammates will create solutions so the rest of the organization can equip churches and national Bible translators around the world.
What We'll Do For You
- Give you a place where you can build things the way you’ve always wanted to, and have you contribute to real-world projects with meaningful impact
- Teach and implement Agile/Scrum methodology
- Provide software development experience guided by seasoned professionals
- Create an environment to learn from mentors and each other
- Enable worshipping God through your talents in fellowship with other believers
- Experience using software versioning control (such as Git, Mercurial, or Subversion) in your own projects or when working with others.
- GPA of 3.0 or above. A senior by fall 2019 or a recent graduate.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and sense a call from God to ministry
- Demonstrate the attitudes of a servant leader
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this internship, please visit: https://bibletechs.org/internships/
Thank you for praying and sharing this opportunity within your circles of influence to help us involve more people in Bible translation.