Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded,
“We will do everything the Lord has said; we will obey.”
Exodus 24:7 (NIV)
The people read it (the letter from the apostles and elders, with the whole church—v.23)
and were glad for its encouraging message.
Acts 15:31 (NIV)
Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching, and to teaching.
1 Timothy 4:13 (NIV)
Just the other day I read an interesting survey that stated; “Only 26 percent of Americans said they read their Bible on a regular basis (four or more times a week).” At the same time the average American household has four or more Bibles!
In light of those statistics, it breaks my heart to think of the millions of people around the world with no opportunity to read even one verse of the Bible. Why? Because there are no Bibles in their language.
Yet, I believe that very soon every language community will indeed have the Bible—in their own language. In fact, Wycliffe Associates' goal is to have a Bible in every language of the world by 2025.
Just think of it—there have been 175 MAST events since the very first MAST (Mobilized Assistance Supporting Translation) workshop, just a couple years ago, through the end of 2016. Also, last year 315 language groups started their Bible translations and 58 New Testaments were completed! That’s amazing!
My dear prayer partners, we have lots of praying to do for Wycliffe Associates’ MAST program in order to meet the goal.
Let’s take time these next few weeks, especially, to pray together that:
- Language communities with no Scripture will request MAST training in Bible translation.
- Education Services Director, Dan Kramer, and staff will continue to be guided and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- MAST event scheduling and logistics planning will be workable for trainers, facilitators, and national translators.
- Hearts of trainers, facilitators, and national Bible translators will be prepared by God for excellent work.
- Good facilities will be found and prepared for all the Bible translation teams and MAST teams.
- All travels to and from each MAST event will be uneventful and safe.
- MAST teams will have good health and good working relationships during each event.
- MAST training will be clear and well understood by the national Bible translation teams.
- During the MAST training, the Holy Spirit will truly empower each Bible translator.
- All of the computers, tablets, and POD components will work well for each user.
- Everyone at each event will have good, restorative sleep.
- Every Scripture translated at each event will change the lives of facilitators, Bible
translators, and language communities.
- Every national Bible translation team will be willing to work through to the completion of the Bible translated into their heart language.
- Funds will be provided so that Wycliffe Associates will indeed be able to say “yes” to every request for MAST training so another Bible translation will be completed for a language group that has no Scripture.
Thank you team for every prayer for our MAST program—until there is a Bible in every language!