You know what’s really hard about praying for Bible translation today? We know Christian believers—converted from Islam—living in the Middle East, risking DEATH to translate the Bible into the language of their own people. And, we can’t tell you who they are—even so you can pray for them!
To name them, to tell you where they live, to mention their language—would give them away.
They could get caught, they could be arrested, probably tortured, possibly executed.
Yet, they are willing to risk everything. They are absolutely committed to translating God’s Word into the remaining languages in their country without any Scripture—no matter what.
If nothing is more important to them, in all of life, than to get God’s Word to their own people in their heart language—than it must become more and more important to us.
So, together let’s pray over the work of Bible translation in the Middle East. Let’s pray that Wycliffe Associates will be able to help them lessen the risk and bring God’s Word to every language in the Middle East.
Let’s each of us pray:
- That God’s mighty hand will stay the advances of the enemy who is actively fighting a spiritual battle against the work of the Holy Spirit in the Middle East.
- For the language groups waiting, hoping, and praying for God’s Word to be translated into their languages—sooner than later.
- That Wycliffe Associates can help launch Bible translation in areas of persecution and that God will protect our brothers and sisters in Christ.
- That we will turn our own faith into action, for their sake—to pray—to give as the Lord leads.
- That Wycliffe Associates can safely and secretly get the tools and technology to them for the work of Bible translation.
- That where it’s possible, national Bible translators can get to a safe place to work—a place provided by Wycliffe Associates.
- That Bible translation software, computer tablets, and technology provided by Wycliffe Associates will speed their work.
- That each Bible translator will upload every day’s work to the “cloud” where it’s protected—that no agent of the enemy can ever again destroy completed Bible translation.
For this reason I kneel before the Father from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:14-21 (NIV)
Praying with you,