We’re looking for editors for the free, open source, open licensed, and unrestricted Greek New Testament, grammar, and lexicon we are writing for use as an aid to Bible translation.
An essential step in Bible translation is making every effort to ensure that the translation is faithful to the original Greek of the New Testament and Hebrew of the Old Testament. Due to copyright and licensing restrictions, existing Greek resources are not available to most of the developing world. The Unlocked Greek tools we’re writing will be free, open, and used as part of our Bible translation software to enable mother-tongue translators and churches around the world to have access to needed information to ensure accurate and clear translations.
Do you or someone you know have a passion for God’s Word in the original languages and have a desire to equip the global church?
- 2+ years of NT Greek and conversant with modern discussion of NT Greek Grammar
- An MA, ThM, or PhD with experience in modern NT textual criticism is desired
- Spiritually mature believer who is familiar with current Biblical reference materials (including study Bibles, commentaries, Greek and Hebrew texts, and lexica and grammars).
- Skilled in editing and writing, particularly in clear and simplified language
- Experience with spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets), working with a team, and keeping deadlines
- Read through grammatical explanations in certain required Greek grammars, culling the best information and writing new entries which will be used in this new Greek grammar and which will then be made available to translate into other world languages as a free resource for Bible translation.
- Find clear examples for each grammatical issue. Enter the Greek text with an interlinear translation and a literal translation.
- Proofread entries written by other editors for content and formatting
- Enter and/or proofread all required data for grammar sections including New Testament examples.
If you or someone you know is interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity to serve in this important role, please email us or call Jennifer Cunneen toll-free at 1-800-THE WORD (800-843-9673). Jennifer will provide you with additional details about the upcoming trips, requirements and qualifications, and assist you with the application process.
Thank you for praying and sharing these opportunities within your circles of influence to help us find the right person for these critical positions!